Approximately 30 million Americans, just under 10% of the population, have diabetes; approximately 8 million are undiagnosed. Careful management of blood sugar (glucose) levels is key to avoiding complications from diabetes. A1C tests measure average blood sugar (glucose) over the previous 2-3 months, so that people with diabetes can know how well they are managing their blood sugar levels. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommends testing for A1C at least twice a year, and promotes the importance of the ABCs of Diabetes Management: managing A1C, Blood, Pressure and Cholesterol levels to within goals established by healthcare providers.
A1C is an important test for monitoring the long-term control of blood sugar (glucose) in people with diabetes.
For people not yet diagnosed, the ADA says there is an increased risk for diabetes when A1C is greater than or equal to 6.5%.
Laboratory Testing – at Your Fingertip
It couldn’t be simpler. In clinical trials, 100% of the participants were able to successfully collect a finger-stick blood sample for testing and resulting.
- Uses a self-collected finger- stick blood sample
- Sample drying time only 15 minutes
- Test Kit has everything for sample collection, packaging, and mailing
- Service includes postage, lab testing and results reporting
- Meets the standards set by NGSP (National Glycohemoglobin Standardization Program) for measuring A1C
- In clinical trials, results using finger-stick blood were consistent with results using matched blood from a vein.
- FDA-cleared for consumer use
A1C testing in a single package with the laboratory testing quality. Customers test on their time, when and where it’s convenient for them, including their home!